from Dawlish Warren to Dartmouth….
- Dawlish Warren – very busy natural spit of mostly sandy beach, seasonal dog ban on parts. Facilities.
- Dawlish – long, thin orangy coarse sand with stoney back, mostly dissappears with the tide. Facilities in Dawlish. Railway line runs beside footpath at top of beach. Dog friendly.
- Paignton – long strip of coarse, teracotta colour sand, with promenade running along the back, sea sort of orangy colour too! Facilities. Town a bit run down.
- Brixham – mostly harbour in town with small Breakwater Beach at south end of harbour. Mostly shingle.
- St Mary’s Bay, Brixham- round Berry Head sits quiet crescent shaped stoney and sandy beach, no facilities, dog friendly. Recommend.
- Man Sands, Hillhead – sand and stone beach (sand only at lower tides), dog friendly, no facilities though very small NT car park nearby. Recommend.
- Sacabbacombe Sands – sand only exposed at lower tides, otherwise stoney, access down steps from coastal path. No facilities nearby.
- Sugary Cove, Dartmouth – small delightful little cove just beyond Dartmouth Castle, access down steepish steps, dog friendly. Facilities at Castle not far away.