Westward Ho! to Lynmouth
- Westward Ho! – long mostly sandy beach at low tide, pebble banks and defences. As well as town facilities, parking and seasonal toilets at far (quieter) end of beach. Seasonal dog ban on parts of beach. Recommended.
- Appledore – mostly tidal river banks of sand and mud – ok for dog walking. Facilities in village.
- Instow – sandy and gravelly beach, more of a tidal river bank really, with mud banks too. Facilities in Instow or free parking on outskirts.
- Saunton Sands – fabulous 6 mile stretch of sandy beach – away from Staunton mostly deserted. Car parks at beginning, half way (behind Braunton Burrows and at end. No other facilities apart from Staunton. Seasonal dog ban on first parts of beach. Highly recommended – personal favourite.
- Croyde Bay – sandy crescent shaped beach backed by sand dunes. NT car park nearby and other P&D, facilities in Croyde. Seasonal dog ban.
- Putsborough Sands – far end of Woolacombe Sands – lovely sandy beach. Car park (expensive), toilets and cafe with beach shop. Highly recommended.
- Woolacombe Sands – fab long sandy beach, backed by sand dunes. Very popular by Woolacombe and facilities with seasonal dog ban on first part of beach. Middle section of beach much quieter with direct access over dunes from car park and toilets. Highly recommended – middle section personal favourite.
- Barricane Beach – beyond north end of Woolacombe- beautiful sandy inlet mostly covered at high tide. Steep steps down, parking and facilities in Woolacombe. Highly recommended – personal favourite.
- Rockham Bay – Stony, with sand exposed at low tide, a bit steep final access, no facilities nearby – nearest at Mortehoe.
- Lee Bay, Lee – sand only exposed in patches at low tide, but nice little cove on edge of pretty little village – facilties in village.
- Ilfracombe – 4 separate smallish beaches spread along the town all more fine greyish gravel than sand but quite pretty all the same. Facilities in town.
- Watermouth – part sand and stone inlet, more of a boating inlet than swimming beach. Facilities in holiday park.
- Combe Martin- part sand and stone little beach, bit grubby looking, good for sea glass. Facilities in village.
- Heddon’s Mouth Beach – small little mostly stony inlet, nice walks to and around but not for visiting just the beach – too tiny. NT car park & toilets. Food and drink at Hunter’s Inn.
- Woody Bay – mostly stony cove, down steep incline. No facilities and NT car park way up at the top.
- Lee Bay – shingle and pebble beach in small sheltered cove. Seasonal dog ban. Cafe, toilets and small car park. Cute little beach chapel.
- Lynmouth – smallish shingle cove at end of town. Dog friendly. Facilities in town nearby.