- Crosby Beach – home to Andrew Gormley’s ‘Another Place’ where there are 100 iron statues of the artist embedded in the beach – quite eerie! Long sandy beach leading into Liverpool. Some parts a bit muddy and water quite brown. Facilities and seasonal dog ban.
- Lifeboat Road Beach, Formby – NT woodland and dunes leading to wide stretch of sand – section between here and Crosby is closed to public. NT Car park and catering van. Dog friendly. Highly recommended.
- Formby Point Beach – continuation of 2 lovely long beach continuing for about 8 miles in total to Southport. Great for woodland and dune walk as well as beach. NT facilities about half a mile from beach. Highly recommended.
- Ainsdale Sands – long sandy beach backed by miles of dunes. Leads to Southport in the north, though beach becomes a bit marshy just before Southport and to military area beyond Lifeboat Road beach in the south. Seasonal facilities in Ainsdale. Part seasonal dog ban. Highly recommended out of peak season (holiday park at Ainsdale).
- Southport- much of this beach has been absorbed into the surrounding marshland and the remaining section is muddy in parts. Town facilities. Dog friendly.